How old does my dog have to be?
Do you only accept certain breed dogs?
What should I bring with me to an event or practice?
A 4 foot Leash. A Flat Collar (no prong collars are allowed on the dock). Your Dog’s Favorite Toy (it needs to float!). Dress for sun or rain, it’s a beautiful open field. We jump in the rain, but absolutely NOT if there is an imminent threat of lightning. Good shoes (waterproof) are helpful, but not essential – any comfortable footwear will work. Other things to bring include an EZ up tent or canopy, crate, towels and a chair.
VERY IMPORTANT: NY State law requires a copy of your dog’s Rabies Certificate We will remind you of this two weeks before the class date.
What is Big Air?
What is Speed Retrieve?
What is Extreme Vertical?
This event is judged on the vertical height the dog jumps to grab the bumper that is suspended 8′ feet out from the end of the dock over the water. The dog is placed anywhere in front of the 20′ mark. The dog then launches upward in the dock diving version of a high jump competition. Beginning height is 4’6″ and has gone well over 8 ‘. The distance remains the same and is judged on increasing vertical height.
How do I join Hudson Valley DockDogs?
What are the benefits of Hudson Valley DockDogs Membership?
Where does Hudson Valley DockDogs practice?
Hudson Valley DockDogs holds practices and some of our club events at K9 Aqua Sports Club. K9 Aqua Sports Club is located at
639 Smithfield Road, Millerton, NY 12546.
Pool Rental at K9 Aqua Sports Club Sanctioned Facility
The Hudson Valley DockDogs practice pool is located at 639 Smithfield Rd Millerton NY 12546 (click for Google Map Directions). It is a 28,000 gallon above ground Splash pool, with a regulation DockDogs® size dock and dock surface. It is owned by K9 Aqua Sports Club and is rented by the club for Member Practices, Club Events, (open to the public) and Try Dock Diving™ classes.
K9 Aqua Sports Club is an official DockDogs® Sanctioned Facility
PLEASE VISIT THE K9 WEBSITE to request your rental time.
Hudson Valley Club Members in good standing may rent the pool/dock on a space-available, hourly basis throughout the season for practice. Please visit the K9 Aqua Sports Club Web Site for more information.
Note On Multiple Dogs: Your Hudson Valley DockDogs membership allows you to jump up to 3 dogs during a K9 Aqua Sports Club rental session. All of these dogs must be your own dogs, and if there are more than 3, a $ 5.00 fee per additional dog will be charged.
What are the K9 Aqua Sports Club Facility Rules?
- All dogs coming onto K9ASC facility property MUST have an updated rabies certificate. It will be up to HVDD BOD to supply K9ASC owners with every HVDD member’s rabies cert to be kept on file. Rabies tags will not count as proof.
- At any function that HVDD will be doing at K9ASC the participants must sign a K9ASC waver. No exceptions.
- Absolutely no dogs are to jump over side of pool from stone area. This will be strictly enforced.
- All poop to be pick up with a bag and placed in poop container found around the facility.
- All dogs must be on leash at all times. If not on leash they must be crated in personal crate or placed in steel kennels at pool side.
- No dogs allowed in hay fields, this will be strictly enforced.
- If any Member is seen purposely doing any damage to the K9ASC facility will be removed from the property immediately and ask not to ever return. It will be up to HVDD to decide if they want to refund club membership to that person. This also included any bad behavior, such as, mistreatment to any dog, human and property.
- If HVDD member sees something wrong with anything to do with the facility, we asked them to please report it to the President of HVDD and the President will immediately report problem to K9ASC owners.
- HVDD is expected to skim pool of dog hair and do a final inspection of pool before leaving the facility after a club rental. No garbage to be left around, No toys left in pool or on dock and all poo picked up.
- HVDD is asked not to use any of K9ASC pool skimmers on the pole to wrangle dogs in from the pool. ( K9 had to replace 3 last year due to this reason) HVDD can supply their own if they wish to keep this practice going.